Thursday, March 3, 2016

Feb 29: L O O K

Happenings:

Sisaket has seriously just exploded with miracles. 

Last week i mentioned that we had been out adventuring on our bikes with we came across two different families... and I mentioned that I was so excited to see the miracles to keep coming from them.. And my word did they this week!

Tuk & Tum: We road past their house and asked if we could come back the next day to teach. They said yes. And we came back exactly when we said we would. And they were pretty open to what we shared. They accepted the challenge to pray! And then this week comes. And we go to visit. Sister Tuk is the one that has been to church before.. She said that she had tried praying and didn't really feel anything... But then later after talking with her.. She realized that she hadn't really been praying in a quiet peaceful place or with all of her heart. She told us she was going to go and try again. As for Tum.. She told us that she hadn't tried praying.. But that, that night when she was trying to sleep all she could think of was our faces and the things that we said. She was beside herself when we told her it was was the spirit. We have been over to their home 4 times now.. and every time we leave.. I feel SO good. I know that it is only a matter of time until they are baptized. They are going to be AMAZING members. In our last visit Tum told us that she started reading the book of mormon.. Actually she had her 13 year old son read out loud because her eyes are not so good. And pretty soon she fell asleep... BUT he kept reading. And wants her to take him to church with her.... OH.. my. :) During the entire lesson.. Gii (Tum's son) was sitting on the other side of the wall listening to what we were saying. So cool. When Tum saw him she told him to come in and listen. :)

Buey & Ott: Taught them the Plan of Salvation. Buey LOVED it. At the end... She said.. Wow I love this. And I understand so much more than I did last time! She told us that she prays everyday and again with her family. Ott reads the Book of Mormon and apparently sleeps with it in his arms!!! What on earth!? They accepted a baptismal date. And their 12 year old son sat close by listening to every word. Miracles miracles everyone. 

Usually we teach these two families back to back.. And while riding away down the beautiful sunlit Sisaket streets I feel like could be a missionary forever. 

Tuesday-Wednesday: Went to Roi Et to switch off! It was fun.. I got to switch off with Sister Larson who is in my same group. It was fun to see how she has become on her mission and to be able to talk about the craziness of it all. Roi Et is beautiful. I got a sweet sun burn. #bikedallday!

Taught Blaamii her last lesson before her baptism! Blaamii is a sweet 8 year old that has been waiting to be baptized for some time now. She turned 9 this past Sunday and was baptized! It was such a special privilege to have been one of the missionaries that got to teach her sweet little spirit. She is SO bright. In her testimony she said: "Ever since I came to church I started to know Heavenly Father. I know that He lives. The sisters taught me that we can repent. We ask for forgiveness and we don't do it again. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." It brought tears to my eyes and a lot of others who were in the room. She is going to be a great influence on her family. 

Fun: Got to help some RCLA young women begin their personal progress.. I was so impressed with how well they responded.. as usually they are way rowdy and don't pay much attention when we come... It was an answer from hevaenly father that we needed to help them start their personal progress.. as they sat quietly and actually thought about the things we were sharing. Faith. We we only believe.. That is not faith. We need to act too. They got it. The spirit was there. 

I loved the first presidency message for the month of March. Go and read it. The aim is to INSPIRE.

From David O McKay "The kind of life you live, your disposition, your very nature, will be determined by your thoughts, of which your acts are but the outward expression. Thought is the seed of action. Character springs form the depths of the soul. You tell me what you think about when you do not have to think, and I'll tell you what you are."

Lift your thoughts. Better yet: 

D&C 

6:34 Therefore, fear not, little flockdo good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock,they cannot prevail.
 35 Behold, do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which have commanded you.
 36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.
Oh God is so good. Sisaket is so lovely. We are working so hard. I feel bad sometimes because i'm more or less working Sister Kwak to the bone. She is such a trooper though I WAY WAY like her. Such a cool missionary. But I don't feel bad when I think about the senior companions I had that taught me what hard work really was. I gotta pass on that legacy. 

Onward pressing onward
with a triumph song we'll sing
God our strength will be
press forward ever 
called to serve our king

I love being a missionary.
Love,
Sister Coates

PICS: 
-Sister Kwak. Blaamii, and me! she is a beaut.
-doing personal progress. we're like this.

 Color smoothies of Thailand. Hello 35 baht. 
Green: Kiwi, avacado & banana. Coconut water!
Orange: Cantalupe, carrot, banana and pineapple. coconut water
Yellow: MANGO.... It's MANGO SEASON AGAIN!



Ride to the bishop's house. Sunday night dinner: massaman, pongkarii curry, kay yasai, and KHAW NIAW MA MUANG


 There was a cockroach. I was on duty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS