Monday, August 10, 2015

DEC 15, 2014: AND WE TRY

hahaha So right now I feel like I am in the middle of a war zone/hunger games... because the owner of the internet shop is playing his game on like full blast surround sound!! So if this email is a little intense.... You'll know why! Haha.. Actually I sit here and listen to the "Because of Him" and "Share the gift" videos over and over again so I can block out the noise. The power of music is incredible. And those two videos are WONDERFUL!

This email is going to be a little short this week and probably lame... But just know.. That God is real. And that He is helping me. The emails I receive every week are so inspired and cherished.. Thank you. The next time I email will be on Christmas (Christmas Eve for you)... So not next Monday but the following Thursday (Not Sunday night.. But Wednesday... Hahaha I can't be too careful it is SO important to me to see all of you!!)

Monday-Wednesday: Were my last days with the wonderful Sister Jackson! Boy oh boy do I miss her! This is some of what we did with the final days:

-Went to the B2S which is way similar to Barnes & Noble... They have TONS of pens and cute notebooks... People here are obsessed with pens. It's pretty great. Sister Jackson bought Harry Potter in Thai!! And I bought notebooks.. Can't get enough of those!

-(this part is confidential :) as in don't let any other missionaries know :P) Sister Jackson and I were invited to HANDEL'S MESSIAH with PRESIDENT & SISTER SENIOR!! Yeah. That happened. And it was way special. They only invited 3 companionship. Sister J and I both freeeeaked out when we heard the news. It was such a special treat. President Senior took us all out to dinner and spoiled us rotten there. All the sisters including sister Senior started off our meal with smoothies. So cute. <3 It was really cool to see Handel's Messiah live... We stayed for the majority of it too! It was cool to see such big group of people of all different beliefs come together to listen to music about Jesus Christ... Right in the middle of a Buddhist nation.

-We packed together! Haha it was way fun! We always have so much fun no matter what we do! It was weird to see all of her things inside of suitcases.

-Thursday came and it was time to say goodbye! It was not fun! ha... But I was so excited for her to go home to her loved ones and was so grateful to have met her and learned so much from her! There is no doubt I will be friends with that girl for the rest of my life. Bah! I can't even write this email without getting emotional! I wish I could just show you in a movie all the fun times we had and all the things I learned from her. Ah... So many things I learned from her! I learned how to be a missionary. I learned how teach simply. I learned how to love others sincerely and simply.. Ahh.. So many things. You all will be hearing about her for a very long time!  :)

Also Thursday. :) I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Brown! She is way way cool. She is from Troutsdale, Oregon! She came to Thailand 2 groups ahead of me! She is way good. We are going to learn a lot together this transfer. :)

Friday.... Weird weird day. We taught at some English camp that the bishop in our ward set up for us? Yea... The school instructors had the missionaries "teach" English... By standing in front of the whole school "singing" and "dancing" along to a youtube video "i said a boooom chicka a boom" OH MY WORD WHAT THE HECK?? It was so weird. What was cool though is we were able to share a spiritual thought and invite everyone to the big Christmas activity!

Saturday: The Christmas Activity. Whoa. I kne the members here had been working really hard for months... But I didn't realize just how hard. It was seriously SO amazing what they did... The inside of the church was turned into a full on walk through museum... With scaffolding and black fabric... So that had you not seen that you had walked into a church you would have never been able to guess where you were. There were 100's of people there. Hundreds. And so many investigators... Wow. It was insane. Way overwhelming. But good! Lots of new investigators. Some that just came up to us and said... I want to be baptized... Hmm. What? okay.

Sunday: I was seriously so stressed today! haha... It wasn't until after teaching a sweet lady named Taste that I was able to feel calm. I have learn and am continuing learn... That it doesn't really matter if we aren't able to have random conversations yet in Thai... What matters is being able to teach the gospel.. To share what we know.. And of the utmost importance... To have the spirit. The spirit was there in that lesson... And I was so grateful... We were able to understand just what we needed to. And we taught her.. And she is going to be baptized in 2 Sundays. And I just can't thank God enough for helping me and sending the spirit. All He he asks us to do is try... And he'll make up the difference.



This scripture... Is kinda how I feel... Except I am not way powerful at speaking either... But I tried. I tried to speak from my heart... And the spirit did the rest.

 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

I am also very thankful for the ward members here... They take such good care of the missionaries... They make us feel so loved and important. Sister Wan.. The nicest person alive made us dinner last night and we all sat at the church and sang songs together... And it was just nice to be calm for just a minute. That calm spirit to me was confirmation to me from Heavenly Father... Saying thank you for trying.

Mom I got all 3 of your packages and cried. :) Thank you. You are wonderful I love you.

I am so excited to see all of you!! I hope you are all able to feel the Christmas spirit!! Soak up everything okay? <3

Love you,
Sister Coates

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS