Monday, August 10, 2015

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK ALOT LIKE CHRISTMAS - DEC 7, 2014


Alright. Are you ready?

1st of December. When did that happen? 
MONDAY: Pday.. Again Pday's... Sister J aand I like to take things easy.. :) Today we got pedicures.. for 100฿ which is like.... $3.50..... This country.

TUESDAY: Zone Christmas Conference. Wow we were spoiled today. All the missionaries in Bangkok came together and...
-Sang Christmas carols in front of a mall... So many people stopped to listen and to video :) It was fun :)
-Went to the most high class restaurant EVER.. Huge buffet.... I cried a little.. The pictures of all the missionaries on the stairs! That's the buffet place.. I ate had SO much sushi.. SO much sticky rice & mangos... SO much homemade icecream... And Bread... oh bread i love you...
-Went back to the church where we had an awesome devo with the Seniors. 
-I sang a solo in front of 100+ people... ? Yeah that happened.
-We were completely spoiled. They gave a a Christmas CD (WITH JOSH GROBAN ON IT OMG), so many good talks (including Character of Christ by David A. Bednar... > That's the talk that I raved and raved about in the MTC). Etc.
-They shared with us their family Christmas tradition from Matthew 25:35-40-

35For I was an hungred , and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger , and ye took me in: 
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison , and ye came unto me. 
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 
39Or when saw we thee sick , or in prison, and came unto thee? 
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren , ye have done it unto me. 

They challenged us this Christmas year to find someone hungry.. And feed them... Someone thirsty, sick, or in prison... And go unto them. And I want to pass along the invite. Give back to the Savior this year by giving to someone else..... So far....
I have given water to... A homeless man who was begging for water.
I have took in a stranger by saying hello.. inviting them to church... Being nice.
What have you done!? :)

WEDNESDAY: Investigator didn't show up that morning even after we had changed ALL of our plans for her.... It was supposed to happen though. Miracle: On the way home.. We bumped into a LA (less active) who Sis J and I have been literally been searching for our ENTIRE transfer. God is good.

thursday: OH MAN ARE YOU READY??? Okay... Today two really crazy cool miracles happened..... It was a a switch offs day. So I went to Bangkapi and was companions with Sister Mamea (oh i love her!). Okay so get this.. It was the end of the day.. We had just eaten dinner and were grabbing an icecream cone from McD's when I see that as a topping for the icecream- they have Boba (those weird popping jellies they have at Red Mango..) So i go.. "Sis. M have you ever had Boba?"; Sis M- "Yeah"; Me- "They have them at the place i used to work Red Mango."; Sis M-"Oh no way you worked there? They have one of those in this mall." me- "OHHASDHFAJSDKFHASJDFHASDM,MMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYAREEEEEEYOUUUUUUSERRRRIOUSSSSS???"

YOU GUYS. THEY HAD. A RED MANGO. IN THAT MALL.
YOU GUYS. THAY HAVE RED MANGO IN THAILAND. 

Needless to say. i FREAKED OUT.... Wow I was so happy... Wow... This sounds SOOOO silly but..... That was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. That Red Mango was built for me. I'll attach some pics.... You will see pure joy... on my face.. 

Okay the other miracle :D--->

Sister Mamea and I were making our way back to the apartment... We were talking and laughing... still inviting.... Not too many people out because I was dark out. I look forward for a second... And see a guy and the thought that pops into my mind is... I am going to get that guy's number... So we keep walking and talking... And when he comes closer.... I say "phii kha! Sonjay khaw bood may kha?" >Excuse me sir... Are you interested in coming to church?..... He was interested. And I did get his number... I walked away thinking. Hmm.. He was special....... And then after that... I didn't think to much of it.. other than oh that was really cool.. I had that thought pop in my head... And I really believed I would get his number.. So it happened. Okay so now skip forward to Sunday. I am back in Saphan Suung. We had our usual sunday night conference call with the sisters in our zone... Sister Alley and Mamea say... Sister Coates.. We had one investigator in church today. It was Nam Leab. <---- The one. Had the thought about... The special one. Gold. Way cool miracle there. :) He's going to be baptized.

FRIDAY: Happy Thai Father's Day! (the king's birthday) I love you Dad! Today we taught a TON of investigators... So that was really awesome. There is this one... named Noot. I absolutely love her. We met her on the street... about a week ago? She is the one that said that she could feel something when she prayed.. and kept rubbing her arms. She is going to be baptized this Sunday. :) I cannot wait. You guys.. Thailand is ready.
To celebrate WanPaa! Everyone here wears yellow and there are big gatherings to pay  tribute to the king.. So sister J and I went over to a member's house and watched it on TV! It was really interesting... They had 100's and 100's of people. That would come up and bow to a a huge picture of the king and give him a golden bush thing... Cool culture experience.

SATURDAY: Spoiler alert. Challenge revealed..... Thai is really really hard. It comes little by little which is more than I could ask for. I overheard some members talking about my language ability.. And at first, it made me feel really bad. They don't see how hard I try and how often I pray for help! But then I realized it was a miracle that I was able to understand what they were talking about in the first place! It was a humbling experience for me. My gratitude for the encouragement from my family, my companion, the members and everyone has increased so much. You have to prune a rose bush down to just sticks if you want a beautiful rose bush. I am okay with just being a stick for now. :) 

SUNDAY: One of the Elder's investigators was baptized today... A 90 year Buddhist man. God is real. Thailand is ready..... The man was so sweet. He was so afraid to be baptized backwards... So he did like a forward cannonball dive. So precious! <3 When he bore his testimony he said "I feel so good.. I am glad to be a member of.... What's the name... What do we even call ourselves anyways?? How do I even end what i'm saying!?" <-- hehehe so cute. His daughter had to come tell him what to say and help him back to his seat. :)

Oh my.... Miracles... Are everywhere. 


This is my last week with Sister Jackson. I am so sad. But so happy for her! And so grateful for her. We will be friends forever. Of that I am sure!

Being a missionary is so good.
Thailand is such a special place.
Thank you for your prayers family. Thank you little Noah, Reags, & Savannah for praying for me every night to speak Thai. Your prayers are working! :)

Hey guess what family? I'll see you in... About 2 weeks. :) Christmas morning @ 9:00 for me.. And Christmas Eve @ 7:00 for you. :) 

I love being a missionary.
Love you all.
Sister Coates

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS