Monday, August 10, 2015

JAN 4, 2015: IN THREE DAYS

Three days have passed.... And LOTS has happened... We have worked SO hard.

Friday:

-Found a little 14 year old girl named Yoke who came inviting with us, came to sports night, came to the church Saturday and came again on Sunday... And will probably come every day now haha. She is a sweet heart.

Saturday: 

-Shark was interviewed for his baptism NEXT week. 
-We taught Nee and Tuck again! Nee was interviewed... Wow I love those two! Tuch is so cute.. We have become good friends. We laugh SO much together. They are both so silly and cute. I think they will stay a long while. 

Sunday: Lots of miracles.... 

-BAPTISMS!! Nee and Tuck were baptized today <3 Seriously that is so cool... Their FIRST day to step foot in a church was basically a week ago. Not this past Friday but the Friday before that. WOW. That doesn't just happen. Heavenly Father has been preparing them... I feel really privileged to have played a part in helping them be baptized. So awesome. Tuck was SO excited. SHE WAS GLOWING. She is such a good influence. Especially for her mom, who was glowing afterwards as well. So cool.

-We had NINE investigators come to church... WUT... That is a ton. That is a MIRACLE! Heavenly father is pouring blessings. 

A few things to set straight: Your talk was way fun mom! Loved hearing experience from a different perspective... I gotta set somethings straight though haha.. I like waaaay more food here than just fruit and sticky rice <3 hehehe In fact... I think I am addicted to Somtam (papaya salad) and Masaman. We have been going to Issan restaurants... 24/7. Pad Thai... Is so good.. The Khaw Pat w/ Kay Gio is amazing..... Fried rice w/ fried thai egg.. And more... I loooove the smoothies. I love the cashew chicken.. Etc. :) Other thing to set straight.. Sister Jackson and I had a handy little trade off.. She would take care of all bugs and I would protect her from the dogs and other grody animals. <3 I most definitely did not ever take care of any cockroaches... But I have had to a few times since. God bless the USA... Thankful that we don't have those in Utah.. :P 

Truly though... Thailand is perfect. Cockroaches and all. 

Elder Frodsham's (way good friend in my district @ the MTC) dad passed away this past week. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

But Something of Comfort: 

During the past week or so.. For some reason a story that mom told me a long time ago had been on my mind. I remember one time she told me that Froggy Grandma had told her... That before Grandpa Kippola had passed away they liked to watch sunsets together.. And then after he died.. She would still watch the sunsets.. And whenever there was a beautiful one she knew that it was Grandpa Kippola that had painted it for her... Saturday evening was when we received the news about Elder Frodsham's dad... I realized that it wasn't a coincidence that I had been thinking of that story because the Bangkok sunset that night was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life. I know that Elder Frodsham will see he dad again. 



Trust in Heavenly Father. He knows something we don't. Our God is a God of Miracles!

I hope everyone has a great week! I am excited for everything to jump back into motion! Lots of people come back from vacation this next week and start up school and work! SO there should be lots of fun stories from me and family. :)

CTR
Love you all!
Sister Coates

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS