Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I am a missionary!

September 1, 2014

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I am a missionary. And can I just say I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I love love love love love wearing a name tag. It is the most wonderful feeling ever to wear my name tag. I can't even describe it. 

I am going to try and give you the low down on my week and the MTC. I think I am kinda getting the hang of it here.. Kinda haha.. 

Wednesday: The last images I saw of Mom and Anny, were CONTORTED RED CRY FACES!!! You both betrayed me... ;P It kinda hurt my heart! Will you please send me a happy picture of the both of you? I walked up the hill and into the building where i received my keycard and my NAME TAG!!! I took my luggage to my room wich consists of 3 bunks and 3 little dresser things.. I was the first one in so i had first pic... I chose the top middle bunk. I like it! The only down fall is.. You kinda feel like youre going to die when you;re going up and down. AND it is way hard to make your bed. Next we went into the classroom! Where YEP the rumors are true. My teacher, Sister Stolworthy, only spoke to me in Thai! It was insane.. As more missionaries arrived I met my companions- I get to be in a TRIO companionship! I am with Sister Morgan and Sister Smith! Both so awesome. We had Thai lessons, devotionals, dinner, and more and more and more stuff until OMG it was lights out.

Thursday: THAI ALL DAY LONG. ALL DAY. ALL DAY. I can't even tell you how much Thai I have learned. It is so insane. It is the hardest thing EVER. It is frustrating and rewarding and time consuming. I can feel my brain pushing itself. I received my first letter today! And wow that was SUCH a motivation BOOSTER! Thank you Elder Cox :)  I can't even remember anything else I did except for Thai. 

Friday: Taught an investigator today.... Not even kidding. His name is Icecream. Still not kidding. In Thai you say it "EYE-TEEN" (use Asian accent). It went pretty well I felt.. For the 3 of us only having a day and a half of Thai experience. Today.. Moooooore and moooooore Thai. Today was actually the first time I became a little flustered and frustrated with the language... I know I know you;re saying calm down sister you just got there! But seriously. There is so much to memorize it is ridiculous. BUT THEN!!!! I GOT MY FIRST PACKAGE! Hahahaha Thanks Teed and Family :) Hahahah WOW I laughed so hard at those pictures. Seriously we have taken some ugly pictures before.. But Wow those were soooo ugly hahahahaha. Love you all. Thank you for 

Saturday: Taught Icecream again. This time was harder because we couldn't just take up time telling him who we were, who god and Jesus Christ are. I taught him how to pray.. And we showed him a scripture in the BOM. Hahaha actually in the lesson we prayed 3 times within the space of like five minutes hahahaha,,,And then for the rest of the day we learned Thai. Thai, and more Thai! But this time Brother Thrap was our teacher!!! I learned A TON with him. It astounds me at how PATIENT the teachers are here. 

Sunday: Seriously this was the best day ever. We had personal study, music and the spoken word (just for sisters which was an AMAZING break), relief society which was awesome, sacrament meeting with our zone (everyone going to Thailand!), a temple walk (was so awesome because we got to go outside and see trees and the SUN and THE SKY!), went to choir (I might be able to sing in general conference! We will now for sure in a few weeks. It felt amazing to sing), a devotional (felt so nice to be able to just sit and not use my brain for half a second), movie time (we watched/listened to a talk by David A. Bednar that he had delivered to the MTC like 3 years ago? It was probably the best talk I have ever heard in my life. It answered ever concern and calmed every stress that I had. If you get the chance try to find Characteristics of Christ by Bednar. Seriously, it changed my life. I want to be a better person! The best missionary I can be! One thing I loved that Elder Bednar said was instead of writing down EVERYTHING that we hear- writing down the large plates- to write down our impressions... Write down what the holy ghost is trying to say to us.

Monday: P DAY! Wow I have never been so happy to put on a pair of pants in my life. There is still lots to do today to get better situated.. I need to buy somethings.. etc.

Things I shoulda known!
-The MTC is freezing. My legs are ALWAYS cold. I am not sure what to do about it either.. I can't really wear tights in Thailand?
-We have dinner at 4:30, so by the time we get back to the residence (sleeping quarters) I AM STARVING
-Having slip on shoes is kind of a must.. Having to undo straps and buckles is SO time consuming.
-As a missionary you are not supposed to have pretty much any color nail polish. So if anyone wants to send me a present haha clear/nude/light pink are the only ones i can wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS